Asheville House Sitting Services Include A Variety Of Options
House sitting services include a wide variety of options. First and foremost, you should make sure that the service has solid business credentials. And it’s important to make sure you choose a house sitting service that will provide the attention to detail you need in order to keep your home safe and secure while you are traveling for business or on vacation. House sitting services’ checklist/questions might include:
- Full-time business?
- Are they bonded and insured?
- Options for services, e.g. ‘house check’ only or full concierge services
- Resumes of staff background/experience
- Are staff background checks done?
- Local and current references
- How are emergencies handled?
- Overnight house sitters available?
House Sitting Services For Any Occasion
House sitting services are needed for a wide variety of reasons. Maybe you need some help during the holidays or you are taking a trip for your birthday or anniversary to celebrate. Maybe there is a family emergency and you need to visit your relatives as soon as possible. Some house sitting services can provide emergency assistance on short notice, and other house sitting services are unable to provide this kind of immediate response time. Contact a professional house sitting service when you are:
- Going on vacation
- Traveling for business
- Visiting family on the holidays
- Dealing with a family emergency
- Celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or graduation
- Attending a special event
- Staying at your second home
House Sitting Services Must Be Provided
By An Experienced Professional
When you are traveling for work or on vacation, you want assurance that your home is taken care of by someone who is familiar with your interior systems (HVAC, etc.) as well as any exterior property features (bird feeders/fish ponds) that might need attention. Your house sitting service should have a small database of emergency contact resources for dealing with all sorts of unforeseen issues, including weather-related damage to your property. The house sitting service should also be aware of any housecleaners, repair people or landscape/lawn mowing personnel expected to be on the property during owners’ absence. Experienced house sitting services will routinely check for any signs of a break-in or a water leak. House sitters should also handle basic daily or weekly home security/maintenance tasks, including:
- Bringing the weekly trash/recycle to curb and back
- Watering and caring for indoor and outdoor plants
- Bringing in mail/newspapers/packages
- Rotating lights, if not on automatic timers
- Setting home alarm system, if required
- Adjusting heating and cooling units when applicable
Don’t Hire Just Anyone For House
Sitting Services: Read Reviews
And Ask For Recommendations
Investigating the background of any house sitting services you are considering is time well spent. One way to research Asheville house sitting services is to ask neighbors, friends, and coworkers for referrals and recommendations. In addition to asking the people you know for suggestions about the best house sitting services in Asheville, you can also research house sitting services online. Type in the name of the company and the word “reviews” in a search engine like Google and you will see what other people say online. This is a helpful way to confirm the level of customer service, credentials and performance you can expect from a house sitting service. Time spent researching can lead to the right choice when it comes to hiring a house sitting service in Asheville.